Lifetime Care and Support/NIISQ for the Sunshine Coast and SEQ
This evidence-based 1 on 1 program works with individuals to develop their skills and levels of efficacy across all elements of the jobsearch process:
- Job ad specific cover letters and selection criteria
- Networks and contacts
- Using online sources
- Various jobsearch methods
- Self-marketing to employers
- Self- negotiating with condition
- Interview skills
- Workplace presentation requirements
- Work re-conditioning (re-setting daily routine, physical and psychological demands, and changes to free time)
- Coaching on local labour market conditions
Adjustment to Disability Counselling is used to assist an individual to adjust to disability or injury, using a range of evidence-based and robust counselling modalities such as solution focussed brief therapy and motivational interviewing. Solution focussed brief therapy’s application to counselling individuals with disability is particularly relevant as it is a therapeutic approach that draws on people’s resources to facilitate change.
This evidence based, best practice program aims to build resilience, and is delivered on a 1 on 1 basis with individuals whose prolonged jobsearch is effecting their resilience and motivation.